Looking for the best fillet knife to make your cooking and fishing experiences a breeze? You’ve come to the right place!
Filleting fish can be tedious work, but with the right tool in hand, it can become a satisfying and enjoyable task. When it comes to creating the ideal fillet knife, having the best blank is crucial.
In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to some of our top picks for fillet knife blanks that will help you create your own custom-designed blade or upgrade an existing one.
Get ready to take your filleting game up a notch!
Top 10 Best Fillet Knife Blanks in 2023
- Fish Fillet knife blank for knife making.
- Add your own handle material to this blade to make your custom knife. Makes a great gift.
- Overall length: 12-1/4″ Blade length: 7-1/4”
- Fisherman's Filet - Knife Making Kit - (Blade Blank & Pinstock Only) - USA Design
- Blade Steel: AUS8 Stainless Steel (Heat/Cryo-Treated) (RC 56-58)
- Blade Finish: Satin-Mirror | Blade Length: 7.0 Inches | Blade Thickness: 0.093 Inch
- 12 1/2" overall length, 3/32" thick blade, more flexible blade
- Made in China
- 3 holes 3/16" (will fit the medium size corby bolt)
- You have a knife project and you are looking for a blank blade, pins, scales and a sheath? Look no further, for your convenience ColdLand Knives has made a “Knife Kit” with all necessary material you need, all in one box.
- Solidly built for tough use. Long lasting sharp edge. Hand forged by using 1095 & 15N20 steels. Over 260 true layers of Damascus steel. Heat treated. Hardness: 58-60 HRC on Rockwell Scale. Will long last for several years (lifetime if handled with care).
- NOTE: This is our stock photo. You will receive different Damascus pattern as every Damascus Blade is unique in the world. Leather sheath and scale may be different too. The holes in the handle can be small or big in diameter and can be found at different places on the handle (you don’t need to use all holes to make a knife). Pins may be bigger but you can rub them with sandpaper to adjust according to handle holes.
- 12 1/2" over all length
- 7 1/4" lower cutting area with a 4" upper cutting or scaling blade.
- Requires 5" x 1 1/8" handle area, 3 holes 3/16"
- ✅ " JNR Traders" Premium Quality Damascus Steel blank blade of Boning Knife / chef knife / fillet knife / Fixed Blade Knife. This Genuine Handmade Damascus Steel Blade is a full tang thin sharp , has excellent edge retention for lasting durability and is Perfect for filleting slicing and cutting ....
- ✅ MATERIAL : 5.00 inches long Handle. A perfect and Balanced Grip for Strong and Comfortable Grasp , Blade Material is Damascus Steel (15N20 and 1095), Hardness of the Blade is HRC 56±2 , sharp edge with 12 degree angle sharpening
- ✅ DIMENSIONS: Overall length: 13.00 Inches . Blade length: 08.00 inches . Handle length: 5.00 inches . Blade thickness is 2.5mm...Hardness is 56±2 HRC.
- ✅ " JNR Traders" Premium Quality Damascus Steel blank blade for Boning Knife / chef knife / fillet knife / Kitchen Knife/ Fixed Blade Knife. This Genuine Handmade Damascus Steel Blade is a Solid Built , Full tang , sharp , has excellent edge retention for lasting durability and is Perfect for filleting Slicing and cutting ....
- ✅ MATERIAL : 5.00 inches long Handle. A perfect and Balanced Grip for Strong and Comfortable Grasp , Blade Material is Damascus Steel forged by hammer . composition of the blade is 15N20 Steel and 1095 High Carbon steel, Hardness of the Blade is HRC 56±2 , sharp edge with 12 degree angle sharpening
- ✅ DIMENSIONS: Overall length: 11.00 Inches . Blade length: 06.00 inches . Handle length: 5.00 inches . Blade thickness is 2.5mm...Hardness is 56±2 HRC.
- This blade has been cryogenically enhanced with liquid nitrogen at -300F to chemically remove austenite from the metal, improving its strength and edge-holding ability.
- Made with heat treated A8 stainless steel for increased flexibility in the blade, and cryogenically treated to improve hardness and edge retention
- 16” overall length, 10-1/2" blade, 1" ricasso, 1/16” thick. Uses three 5/32” pins.
- Hand ground and treated by experienced knife makers then cryogenically tempered in-house
- Made of 440C high carbon stainless steel and rockwelling at 58-59 HRC, these blades are perfect for almost any situation
- Each blank varies slightly due to its handmade nature
- 【Knife Dimensions】 Overall length: 14.6’’. Blade length: 10.2’’ Handle length: 4.6’’. Blade width: 1.3''. Blade thickness: 1.55mm.
- 【HIGH QUALITY】Hercules Damascus steel blade knife combined with 33 layers of high carbon steel and 33 layers of low carbon steel and VG10 steel. The tanto knife for excellent cutting performance and corrosion resistance, nice fit, and finish as a superb slicer for your EDC use or collection.
- 【SAFETY & COMFORTABLE】The Damascus fillet knife is easy to hold.Non-slip comfortable design means the Damascus steel Knives are solid, corrosion-resistant, and wear-resistant, with a good grip.
A good fillet knife blank can make a huge difference in the outcome of your fish-filleting projects. With so many options available, it’s important to know what qualities to look for when selecting one.
We hope that this article has been helpful in identifying the best fillet knife blanks for you, and that these tips have enabled you to find the perfect fit for your needs.
Last update on 2023-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API