A grill does more such as sizzle veggies, fish, and steak. Sadly, you might have to go back to your kitchen when you have to make pancakes or french toast as a side dish. If you’ve ever been in the situation, you would easily understand how time-consuming, tiring, and mentally exhausting it is to keep darting between your backyard and the kitchen.
Hence, you might want to consider a griddle grill combo to save you from this stress. However, there are several models out there with interesting promises with disappointing results.
Luckily, we’ve expertly handpicked the top 6 best griddle grill combo out there and a detailed buying guide on how to make an informed decision.
Best Griddle Grill Combos – Top 6 Options for Versatile Cooking
#1. Blackstone 28″ Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, Quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel Around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top, fold up legs and four industrial strength caster wheels. Built with removable griddle top, foldable legs and two wheels.
We’ve begun our review with a 2-in-1 cooking machine from one of the best brands out there, Blackstone. This model offers restaurant-style cooking and handles anything thrown at it, from baking pancakes to potatoes, steaks, grilled cheese, Quesadillas, Teppanyaki style foods, eggs, and more.
This unit comes with a flat top grill offering a massive 470 sq inches of cooking space, which should be plenty enough to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a group of hungry people. More so, it comes with two side shelves and a bottom shelf to store food and prep your ingredients.
This 28-inch gas grill is easy to assemble and simple to use for a quick-cooking experience. You don’t have to bother about matches, charcoal, and kerosene. This best griddle grill combo is equipped with an EasyStart push-button ignition system for reliable startup every time. This way, outdoor cooking can be fun and interesting with less headache.
Even better, this unit comes with four sturdy caster wheels for easy transportation from your backyard to the campsite. The griddle top is removable with foldable legs for smart storage. Above all, the manufacturer stands by this product with a satisfaction guarantee.
- 4 Adjustable heat zones
- Electric push-button igniter
- Caster wheels for easy transportation
- Alloy Steel construction
- Poor customer support
#2. Blackstone 1819 Griddle and Charcoal Combo
- Duo Griddle: Charcoal Grill and Burner griddle. Grill Grate Dimensions 16” 15.75”. Griddle Dimensions 17” x 15.7
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top and two industrial strength caster wheels
Another spot, another versatile cooking from Blackstone. Although this brand offers top-of-the-line flat-top grills, this charcoal griddle and grill combo live up to the hype.
This cooking beast comes with an adjustable height grill surface to offer ultimate heat control from the charcoal briquettes. Thus, this model is a top-quality charcoal grill with a gas griddle option as an extra bonus.
The griddle side runs on propane, delivering a whopping 12,000 BTUs heat, while the grilling with this unit requires charcoal briquettes as a fuel source. With two fuel sources being used at the same time, you should expect a bit higher maintenance.
The charcoal grill offers a sweet, smoky flavor that’s unmatched by gas and electric models. However, charcoal grilling requires some learning curve, but once you get the hang of it. You would enjoy the incredible versatility it brings.
Down to its build quality, the Blackstone 1819 Griddle and Charcoal Combo comes with stainless steel burners and a black powder-coated steel frame to ensure it withstands the harsh elements. While it features durable and sturdy construction, this beast is lightweight and easy to carry around.
Its impressive portability makes it suitable for outdoor cooking and camping trips. Further, it has sturdy caster wheels at the grills bottom for hassle-free maneuverability. Besides, you get hooks to hold your grilling accessories for a clutter-free cooking experience.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Easy to assemble
- Adjustable 12,000 BTU ‘H’ Style Stainless Steel Burner
- Two caster wheels for easy maneuverability
- Effortless to clean up
- No lid option
#3. Blackstone 36″ Cooking Station
- NEW FEATURES - This unit comes equipped with Blackstone's new and improved side shelf giving the user a removable cutting board, convenient paper towel holder, and strategically placed trash bag hooks. PLUS Blackstone's new rear grease management system to help eliminate mess.
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 720sq inches of flat top grilling, this griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, potatoes, teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf, side shelf and the NEW side shelf with cutting board, paper towel holder and trash bag hooks.
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; This grill includes an easy start, battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
If you need to cook for a hungry crowd, the Blackstone 36″ Cooking Station is your best bet. This unit is equipped with the brand’s latest and upgraded side shelf design that doubles well as a cutting board.
We love its thoughtfully placed trash bag hooks and convenient paper towel holder, which we don’t see on most products. Also, the manufacturer boasts of its new rear grease management mechanism for a mess-free grilling experience.
Now to the nitty-gritty of the appliance, this model offers a 720 sq inches flat top grill surface, which is plenty of space to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a crowd. With this unit, you can cook eggs, potatoes, steaks, pancakes, etc.
What’s more? The bottom shelf comes in handy for storing your food and other essentials. This grill griddle combo is a breeze to assemble and use. Equipped with an EasyStart push-button for a reliable startup at all times.
In addition, it comes with a rugged plastic handle with a heat-resistant property for safe handling even when the grill is hot. This 2-in-1 combo features a top-quality stainless steel construction that is resistant to heat, stain, and odor. Plus, it makes this unit dishwasher safe.
Another worth mentioning feature is its sturdy caster wheels for easy transportation and maneuvering. Also, the griddle top is removable, and you can fold the legs up for easy carry and storage.
- 4 Adjustable heat zone
- Four caster wheels for easy transportation
- 720 sq inches of grilling space
- Solid stainless steel construction
- Customer service could be better
#4. Lifesmart 51″ Precision Wood Pellet Grill and Griddle
- Pellet Grill and Smoker with Meat Probe Precision Digital Control and Dual Rack 510 sq. in. Cooking Surface in Black
- Holds up to 24 burgers, 4 racks of ribs, 4 chickens
- Dual porcelain emamel cooking grates with 510 sq. in. of total cooking area
Earning a spot on our list is the Lifesmart 51″ Precision Wood Pellet Grill and Griddle with amazing cooking versatility. This model offers up to 8 cooking functions, including braising, searing, smoking, grilling, baking, dehydration, etc.
Unlike most models on this list that run on charcoal, this unit’s fuel source is pellets. It comes with a precision digital controller, suitable for hot and fast grilling and low and slow cooking. This versatile unit delivers a restaurant-grade grilling experience. It offers an authentic wood-fired flavor and the convenient cooking experience that’s hard to beat.
Aside from its sweet wood-fired flavor, this unit offers about a total griddle capacity of 650 sq inches, thanks to the additional 155 sq inches. The griddle runs on propane to allow you to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner quickly.
More so, the Lifesmart 51″ Precision Wood Pellet Grill and Griddle feature a Reverse Sear Technology that makes slow smoking your favorite piece of meat to impart your meal with great wood flavor.
The griddle adds impressive versatility to this machine for amazing results. This unique combo allows you to quickly make saute onion, hot dogs or cheeseburgers, or grill vegetables.
- Dual LED temperature display
- Precision digital control
- Eight cooking modes
- Reverse Sear Technology for amazing results
- Quality control is not impressive
#5. Royal Gourmet GD401C 4-Burner Portable Propane Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- Combo Design: Combination of gas grill and griddle with two individual cooking zones, each has 292 sq. inches for cooking, totaling 584 sq. inches of cooking space, over 4 burners with an output of 48,000 BTUs.
- Portable: Easy to assemble within 15 minutes. With fold-down legs for compact storage and four locking casters for easy-moving, it is ideal for cookouts.
- Automatic Ignition System: Automatic ignition system delivers fast and easy start-up with four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel.
When it comes to versatility, you want to opt for the Royal Gourmet GD401C Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle Combo. This appliance comes with two separate cooking zones offering different cooking options. You get 314 sq inches and 292 sq inches cooking space to allow you to prepare pancakes and grill steak conveniently.
Aside from its decent 584 sq. inches of cooking space, this best griddle grill combo from Royal Gourmet comes with 4 burners to deliver a whopping heat capacity of 48,000 BTUs. This should be enough to cook just about anything with ease.
What’s more? This model is equipped with a grease management system that makes cleaning this unit a breeze, thanks to its large removable grease cup and full-sized draw-out grease tray. This mechanism helps trap the residues and drips for an easy clean-out.
On top of that, Royal Gourmet GD401C Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle Combo are equipped with an automatic ignition system that offers a reliable and instant start up. This eliminates the hassle of lighting your beast.
- Four independently controlled burners
- Massive 48,000 BTU heat capacity
- Automatic ignition system
- Removable grease tray and grease cup for easy cleanup
- Easy to transport with its collapsible leg
- Poor quality control – lots of dents and peeling
#6. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Station
- Rear grease - Blackstone has updated the grease Management on this unit. All units now have the newly improved rear grease Management. You may receive a rear grease or a front grease drain.
- Replace your standard grill - replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- Restaurant style cooking - with 720sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, Quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
If you want peace of mind with your purchase, we recommend the Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Station. Like most products from this brand, this unit comes with the latest grease management, either the front grease or the rear grease drain. This newly improved grease management makes it easier to clean this device, considering it runs on two fuel options.
This grill griddle combo is a perfect replacement for your BBQ or grill. This is one of the easiest units we’ve assembled. Plus, it’s EasyStart push-button ignition offers a reliable startup every time for easy use.
Additionally, it offers 720 sq inches of flat top grilling to enjoy restaurant-style cooking. Another exciting thing about this model is its four independently controlled stainless steel burners offering up to 60,000 BTU heat, which is enough to cook just about anything half the time.
We also love the powder-coated black steel frame, thick cold rolled steel cooktop, and stainless steel burners that guarantees Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Station will last a lifetime.
- Easy to clean
- Large cooking space with side shelves
- Whopping 60,000 heat capacity
- Durable construction to last a lifetime
- The grease drain design could be better
Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Griddle Grill Combos
When trying to pin down the right grill griddle appliance, you consider the available space you intended to keep it. Typically, models with at least four burners are usually wider than ones with fewer burners.
Also, you might want to consider appliances with foldable legs to easily use this device as a tabletop unit.
This is another factor you don’t want to ignore. The cooking area a grill griddle combo offers determines the amount of food you can cook at a time. So, if you intend to cook for a large group of people, you should opt for ones with more than 500 square inches of cooking space.
The cooking surface of griddles and grill are usually made of different materials. Most part of an appliance should feature stainless steel construction for durability and reliable rust resistance. You can also consider cast iron for better cooking performance. However, you’ll have to season the surface regularly.
Number of Burners
The cooking surface determines the number of burners. A large cooking space should come with more burners to prevent hot and cold spots.
What is a Griddle ( Pros and Cons of owning a Flat Top Grill)
We’ve reviewed the top 6 best griddle grill combos and discussed essential factors that should influence your decision. Now, it’s your turn to choose a unique combo that suits your cooking needs and preference.
Last update on 2022-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API