Are you tired of struggling through tough cuts of meat with an inadequate knife? Look no further than the best Japanese slicing knives.
These precision-crafted blades are designed to make quick work of even the toughest cuts, leaving you with perfectly sliced pieces every time.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into what makes a great Japanese slicing knife and highlight some top picks for your kitchen arsenal.
Get ready to slice like a pro!
Top 10 Best Japanese Slicing Knife in 2023
- 12" Carving Knife: Kyoku's 12" meat slicing knife from Daimyo Series is expertly crafted with Japanese 440C stainless steel for superior performance and durability. With its long and narrow blade, this knife is ideal for slicing meat, vegetables, and fruits into thin pieces effortlessly.
- Razor Sharp Blade: This meat carving knife's ultra-sharp blade is precisely honed to 13-15 degrees, making it perfect for slicing hams, ribs, roast beefs, briskets, and prosciutto, while the dimples prevent food from sticking.
- Comfort and Style in One: Crafted with an ergonomic Rosewood handle showcasing a signature mosaic pin, this carving knife offers exceptional precision and long-lasting comfort for long-term use.
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL】This sushi knife/sashimi knife is crafted from high-end Japanese VG10 stainless steel which makes it with excellent corrosion resistance, great edge retention, great wear resistance, and high hardness.
- 【EBONY WOOD HANDLE】The octagonal handle of this sushi knife/sashimi knife is made of ebony wood for a comfortable feel when cutting. The handle has an elegant and profound feeling and is extremely water-resistant, thanks to the use of high-quality ebony wood which is treated by a special process.
- 【SINGLE-BEVEL URASUKI BLADE】The urasuki is the concave surface on the backside of this sushi knife blade that creates an air pocket when the blade is slicing through food. This helps to reduce drag and creates a smoother surface, so you can make faster, nicer cuts. It also works to prevent the food from sticking to the knife.
- Forged and hammered with 46 layers of steel in the Damascus tradition with a VG-10 Core, the VG-10 Hammered Damascus Series has been a perennial best seller, combining performance, beauty, and extraordinary value.
- The Sujihiki is a slicing knife with a long narrow blade that smoothly slices through meat or vegetables and preserves the integrity of each ingredient’s freshness.The Sujihiki slicer can carve and fabricate large roasts and other meats and fish, and can be used for thinly slicing other ingredients such as cucumbers or smoked salmon.
- From slicing filets of fish fresh from the fish monger to carving a roast chicken straight from the oven, even the simplest tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional.
- Outstanding Performance - Huusk hand forged sashimi knife says it all! A highly precise processing narrow blade Knife with a sharp pointed tip comes from professional Japanese masters. Three steps to sharpen the edge from 30° and then 20°, and finally to 17°, making it a razor-sharp work of art.
- An Eye-catching Knife- The rosewood handle is nicely sealed and capped with a beautiful metal emblem to be a sturdy and elegant wooden block. A slip-resistant coating on the handle makes it a great grip. The well-crafted hammered pattern on the blade enhances the hardness and collectability of this knife.
- Perfect Slicing Knife- The slender blade of the sushi knife was specially designed, invented, and refined by countless generations of chefs in Japan. Huusk Japanese sashimi knife's razor sharp blade ensures filleting, skinning, and trimming delicate food products easier such as raw fish or sushi rolls, without crushing or tearing their structure.
- ✅ [Premium Yanagiba Knife] Yanagiba knife is a long slicing knife designed for slicing fish, sushi, or sashimi. It can slice the raw fish or sushi rolls without crushing or tearing their structure because of its special sharpness. Therefore, the professional sashimi knife was invented, which is used as the traditional Japanese knife and an essential tool for many chefs. We believe only with durable and sharp kitchen knives, we can enjoy cooking fun in the kitchen. This knife is one of your ideal choices.
- ✅ [Fine Traditional Craftsmanship] The concave grind (Urasuki) and flat rim (Uraoshi) are the essential traditional process of Japanese knife making. This craftsmanship prevents the food from sticking to the blade, which reduces the extrusion of the food to make the cutting smoother and sharper. The blade is made thinner and thinner from shoulder to point to keep the center of gravity balanced.
- ✅ [High-quality Material of Blade] It is made of X7Cr17MoV forging stainless steel. With high-temperature heat treatment, the Rockwell hardness is stable at 58±2 HRC in higher hardness, better sharpness, and better durability. After the wet manual edge of 15°±1( single-edged blade) of the cutting edge, there is a better balance of sharpness and durability. HEZHEN knives are made by the strict 12 processes to ensure the blade is sharp.
- MASAMOTO SOHONTEN SUJIHIKI SLICING KNIFE: Japanese slicer knife called SUJIHIKI.The long, narrow, graceful blade of the Sujihiki is ideal for trimming away sinew and fat from meat, finely slicing brisket or boneless fish, and filleting and skinning fish for sashimi and sushi. The long blade allows the meat or fish to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip, and it results in very little cellular damage on the cut surface.
- SHARP MASAMOTO AT SERIES: Masamoto AT is a home kitchen product line of western-style handle knives. The blade is made of Masamoto’s Japanese high carbon stainless steel "Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel” (HRC. 57). It also features excellent sharpness and durability on the cutting board and ease of sharpening. Enjoy authentic Japanese kitchen knives.
- FULL TANG BOLSTER COVERED HANDLE: The handle is heavy-duty full tang construction with stainless steel bolster and has fully curved for easy gripping. The black-colored pakkawood handle is non-slip and comfortable to grip.
- 【Premium Steel】Our Huusk carving knife is constructed from premium japanese steel ATS-34, which makes it more durable, sharper and safer. The sharp edge makes it possible for quick and efficient cutting and gives you a better usage experience.
- 【High Quality】Each Huusk knife is carefully crafted with a 138-step design and sharpened manually by workers with more than 10 years of experience. Compared with kitchen knives made by mechanical ways, our knives have a longer service life.
- 【Unique Design】Our Blade is designed with beautiful hammered texture prevents food from sticking. The handle is made of high-quality wood, ensuring its comfortable usage and well-balanced ability. Exquisite gift box packaging comes with the Knife to meet your diverse need.
- 【HUUSK Power】Forming from a piece of steel to a Huusk Japan Knife, it must be repeatedly ground and polished at least 8 times. Huusk meat carving knives are made of high carbon steel ATS-34, through high-temperature processing and cooling treatment to achieve 58-60 HRC, making the blade hard enough to resist breakage. If you are looking for a perfect brisket trimming knife, this Huusk carving knife is an excellent choice.
- 【Design Concept】This Huusk japan brisket knife is named STRONG(强者). Our 11.51" STRONG is designed for professionals or cooking enthusiasts who demand the best quality and performance. The unique design of the blade allows the greatest area to be in contact with the cutting board, making an efficient cutting. Circular arc cutter head, safer in operation, protect your hands from injury. Unlike ordinary meat knives, STRONG is both practical and collectible.
- 【Premium Control】 The uneven and textured surface of the brisket trimming knife prevents the food from sticking to the blade, which makes the cut more easily and efficiently. The handle is made of wood and three rivets, which is more durable and robust. The ergonomic handle is easy to grip and slice smoothly. You can hold it comfortably in your hand and it won't slip off, even with thick gloves on.
- Grade : Ice Hardened High Carbon Stainless Steel / Knife Type: Sujihiki (Slicing Knife)
- Steel Type : Aus-8 Stain Resistance Steel
- Blade: Double-Edged / Blade Length: 9.5"(240mm)
- DESIGNED FOR SLICING MEATS - This carving knife, also known as slicing knife, features a distinct shape and sharpness designed specifically for carving large cuts of meat like brisket, bbq, turkey and roasts. If you want more precise and thinner cuts for your meats, a high-quality carving knife is what you need. If you appreciate precision, performance, and design then you'll love our Foxel carving knife.
- RAZOR-SHARP VG10 JAPANESE STEEL - Our Foxel carving knife is made from VG10 Japanese steel which is considered one of the best steels on the market. It can hold an incredibly sharp edge, highly resistant to rust, and won’t chip easily. Feel free to research outside of this listing, you’ll only find rave reviews.
- EFFORTLESS PRECISE SLICING - The smooth non-serrated edge 10 inch blade allows for an incredibly precise and smooth cut. Our finely crafted brisket knife is well balanced with a long 10 inch edge minimizing back and fourth motions. In short, this knife allows you to effortlessly slice through meat. With a 27-degree edge honed by a robotic knife sharpener, we’ll put the blade of this brisket slicing knife up against any of the sharpest German or Japanese knives on the market.
Japanese slicing knives are a great investment for any kitchen. They offer superior sharpness, precision, and durability when compared to other knives on the market.
With so many different types of Japanese slicing knives available, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you.
We hope this article has provided some guidance in helping you choose the best Japanese slicing knife that meets your needs and fits your budget.
Last update on 2023-07-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API