Whether it is for commercial or residential use, a Blackstone griddle is one of the best in the market. It uses top-notch materials, guaranteeing an unrivaled quality. However, after a while, the griddle accumulates dirt and debris. More than making it unappealing, it also negatively impacts efficiency and safety, among other things.
It is crucial that you learn how to clean a Blackstone griddle before and after cooking, and that is exactly what we will be talking about in this guide. Some of you are probably too lazy to do basic cleaning, but such is necessary to maintain the griddle’s peak performance. Read on and learn from some of the tips we’ll share below.
- MAKE CAMPING IN THE WOODS A DELICIOUS AFFAIR with Blackstone Griddle Station. It is perfect for backyard grilling sessions, camping, road trips and any other outdoor activity which involves cooking food
- CONVENIENT FEATURES: Our propane griddle features a hood to protect the griddle surface from the elements and eliminates the splatters and mess. Two side shelves can be your prep station to dice veggies, season your burger patties, and more.
- EXTRA LARGE COOKING SURFACE: Rather than cooking one egg or pancake at a time, this large 28-inch gas grill griddle allows you to cook for multiple people at once. This makes big batch cooking for meals like brunch a whole lot easier and quicker.
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, Quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel Around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top, fold up legs and four industrial strength caster wheels. Built with removable griddle top, foldable legs and two wheels.
- MAKE EVERY OUTDOOR ADVENTURE DELICIOUS with Black Stone griddle. Perfect for the backyard or the great outdoors, this flat top griddle makes cooking on-the-go easy and yum! It can be used to make everything from scrambled eggs and pancakes to bacon and hamburgers.
- PORTABLE CONVENIENCE: Take your grilling experience beyond your backyard because our tabletop griddle is compact and lightweight enough to be taken anywhere. Measuring just 17.5" L x 8.5" H x 18" W inches, it easily fits in your car trunk for tailgating, camping, hiking and other things fun.
- FAMILY SIZE COOKING SURFACE: The roomy and spacious 17 inches (268 sq. inch) cooking surface of our stainless steel griddle can cook up 9 burgers or 9 pancakes or 12 eggs at once, which is enough to make burgers or breakfast for a family of four.
- INNOVATIVE REAR GREASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: If you plan on cooking bacon or any other juicy meat, cleaning up can be tedious. Luckily, our propane griddle features a patented rear grease trap that collects all the mess and makes after-cooking clean-up a breeze.
- Replace your standard grill - replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back -This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time- Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition- With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go- Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors.
- Restaurant style cooking - with 720sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast; lunch and dinner- Cook eggs; pancakes; Quesadillas; grilled cheese; steak, Potatoes; Teppanyaki style foods and more- Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep.
- 24,000 BTUs of heat from two H-style burners
- 361 sq. inch heavy-duty cooking surface
- Features: Two adjustable heat controls with built-in igniters, Integrated grease management system
- GRIDDLE ON THE GO with Blackstone stainless steel griddle. Whether you are entertaining the guests in the backyard or want to fulfill your years-long dream of breakfast-in-the-woods, our outdoor griddle offers a convenient way to cook a delicious spread when enjoying the nature.
- COOKING FOR A CROWD? Don't worry; our gas griddle features a spacious 22" (339 sq. inch) cooking surface, which can fit up to 12 burgers or 9 steaks or 12 pancakes or 12 eggs, in short, a LOT! If you are out with your family or hosting a get-to-gather by the patio, our stovetop griddle has got you covered.
- HASSLE-FREE CLEANUP: When you are done cooking, simply wipe the surface with a paper towel, empty the built-in grease catcher and that's it! Our tabletop griddle saves on the cleaning time so you can enjoy the outdoors and the fun time.
Table of Contents
Why Choose a Blackstone Griddle
Before we give you a rundown of the different cleaning methods, allow us to list some compelling reasons to have a Blackstone griddle. One of the best things is their price. It isn’t the cheapest, but considering its features and benefits, it can provide the best bang for the buck. The cost is justifiable, so we won’t think twice about buying it.
More so, the quality is superb. They are made using cold-rolled steel. The latter is effective in ensuring even heat distribution, making sure that your food is cooked consistently. It also has a large surface area and multiple burners, allowing you to cook more within a short time.
With regular use, however, your Blackstone griddle will become dirty. From oil to food particles, the accumulations on the surface will result in dirt and grime. Flare-ups are common when such happens. Not to mention, it can also negatively impact the taste of food and will make heating less efficient. That said, proper cleaning is a must, which is what we will be talking about in the next section.
Should You Buy A Blackstone Griddle?
How to Clean a Blackstone Griddle Before Cooking
Some people will instantly proceed to cooking, but we suggest that you take the time to inspect the griddle. This is especially the case if you have not used it in a long time. It only takes a few minutes to clean and prepare the surface. Here’s how you can do it:
- Start by inspecting the grill. Check all portions for dirt.
- If you see any dirt, remove it immediately. Use a scraper if it is hard.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the surface. This will get rid of dust or anything else on the griddle.
- If there is too much dirt, you can clean it with mild soap and water. Make sure to rinse thoroughly. Any remnant on the surface can cause an unwanted taste and smell on your food.
- Turn on the heat to dry the griddle before you start cooking, especially if you are using oil.
Before using the griddle for the first time, some people might think of having it seasoned. However, take note that the Blackstone griddles ships pre-seasoned, so there is no need to repeat it. Do this only when you notice that the coating is starting to wear of or when you notice discolorations.
Cleaning my Blackstone 36” Pro Series Griddle Before Cooking
How to Clean a Blackstone Griddle After Cooking
Don’t forget to clean your griddle once you are done using it. Otherwise, the food particles and oil will harden on the surface. Eventually, the griddle will darken and become inefficient. There are different ways to clean it, including those that we’ll be talking about below.
- Start by letting the grill cool down after cooking. Cleaning it immediately is not a good idea since the surface is still hot.
- Scrape the food particles on the surface of the griddle using a metal scraper or spatula. When scraping, do it in a single direction from one side to another, putting the debris on the raining pan. If there are particles that are hard to remove, pour hot water and scrape.
- With the griddle now clear of food particles, scrub its surface. Use non-metallic scrubber. A wire brush is a big no, as it can leave metal bits on the surface, and in turn, make the griddle prone to rust.
- Use warm water to wash the griddle. Keep scrubbing until there are no debris on the surface.
- Rinse and dry the griddle.
How to Clean a Blackstone Griddle After Cooking – Food Removal and Adding Oil
How to Deep Clean Your Blackstone Griddle
The steps mentioned above are for daily cleaning after use. It is quick and easy. However, you also need general cleaning. This will depend on the extent of usage. It can be one a month or once a year. Below are the steps on how you can do it:
- Turn the grill on to the highest possible setting. Once it is hot, pour water on the surface. Leave it for a few minutes or until it evaporates.
- Cut lemons and squeeze the juice on the top of the griddle. Spread it across the griddle and add water.
- Alternatively, you can also use a mixture of lemon juice and vinegar. It is acidic, which will help loosen the dirt, making it easier to remove.
- Use a scraper to remove the residues on the griddle. A heavy-duty scraper will remove hard deposits. If the dirt is stubborn, pour more vinegar or lemon on the top, which will make it softer.
- Pour warm water on the grill and push the remaining liquid on the drain. Wipe it with a clean cloth.
Do not forget to clean the burners. You will need to remove the top part to access the burners. Remove the burner guards and wash them with water. For the burner itself, you can simply wipe them with a clean cloth. Use a brush or stick to get rid of the debris.
Deep Cleaning A Severly Neglected Blackstone.
How to Season your Blackstone Griddle
While cleaning is important for keeping the grill at its peak, there are other things that you should do. Among others, one that you need is seasoning. You can do this when the grill is new or during general cleaning. Seasoning will coat the top portion of the grill, which will prevent rust. It also creates a natural and permanent non-stick coating.
When you notice that the surface of the griddle is no longer heating as efficiently as before, follow the steps below.
- Start by giving the grill a quick clean. It is as simple as pouring water and drying it using a clean cloth or paper towels. This is important to remove any debris on the surface before you season the griddle.
- Spread oil on the griddle using rolled-up paper towel.
- With the oil covering all parts of the griddle’s surface, turn the heat on at the highest possible setting.
- Once the griddle smokes, repeat the process. You might need to do it up to four times or until the oil becomes a protective layer on the griddle.
- Let the griddle cool and dry the surface. It is ready for cooking!
How To Season a New Blackstone Griddle
Taking Care of Your Blackstone Griddle
Aside from the things that are mentioned above, this section will list down some of the most important care and maintenance tips. Doing these things will help maintain the peak performance of the griddle.
If you will not use the griddle for a long time, proper storage is a must. It will keep it away from dirt, while also protecting against temperature and humidity. If it comes with a cover, use it. Otherwise, buy one online. A cover is especially important if the griddle is on the patio or any other outdoor area. Keep it in a cool and dry place.
Over time, rust will form on the griddle. Its removal should be a part of periodic care and maintenance. You can use a low-grain sandpaper or steel wool for removing rust on the surface. Once you are done, rinse and dry the surface. You can also use a commercial rust remover and follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
Stay Away from Soap
Like anything else in the kitchen, most people would think that soap is the best choice for cleaning a Blackstone griddle. However, that is not the case. If possible, you should avoid soap, especially those that packs harsh chemicals. They can also leave a strong scent on the griddle, which can transfer on the food that you are cooking.
Easy Way to Clean the Blackstone Griddle (Revised)
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API