A good set of knives allows you to do everything well in your kitchen. Whether you’re a casual or professional cook, you don’t want to deal with the consequences of cutting corners on cooking equipment.
It’s understandable to want to look for a way around the pricey kitchen knife set, especially if you opt for top brands in this space. Another not-so-good idea is trying to build your own set by purchasing necessary knives, which won’t only take a while but also can be inundating and tiring to do.
Plus, you have to purchase a storage box to house your decent set of knives – and that comes with many problems, from not fitting your knives to damaging your cutleries.
It would be best if you considered purchasing the low-hassle block knife sets to offer excellent value for your money to escape these issues.
Here are our six best knife block set for all your cuts:
Top 6 Best Knife Block Sets to Buy for 2022
#1 – ZWILLING Twin Signature 19-pc Kitchen Knife Set
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Zwilling special formula steel, Precision stamped blades; Traditional, 3 rivet Design polymer handle is embedded with Zwilling logo, Made in Germany
- TOUGH BLADE: FRIODUR blade, ice hardened to 57 Rockwell Hardness
- SHARP EDGE: Hand sharpened and polished, Laser controlled edge
Coming with everything you need to prep your ingredient, the ZWILLING Twin Signature 19-pc Kitchen Knife Set is perfect for beginners and professional cooks. The block houses 19 pieces, and we can’t think of a tool missing in this set.
Each piece is precision stamped from premium German steel for a lightweight knife without trading off outstanding cutting performance. Also, we love its unique proprietary formula that guarantees these blades won’t stain or rust with time.
The one-piece stamped knives are balanced with a triple-riveted polymer handle, and they are comfortable to grip and easy to handle with less wrist fatigue. The tough blades with 57 Rockwell hardness take away any concern regarding their strength, edge retention, and sharpness.
Talking about sharpness, the knives’ edges are precisely cut at 15 degrees on each side except the Santoku with a 10-degree angle. The best part of it all, you can toss these pieces into your dishwasher for a convenient cleaning experience.
- Strong and lightweight design
- Hand sharpened and polished for a razor-sharp edge
- 57 Rockwell Hardness
- Dishwasher safe
- Less expensive
- Not suitable for heavy-duty use
#2 – Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening 15 Piece Cutlery Knife Block Set
- Kitchen knife set includes: 4 1/2 inch Paring Knife, 6 inch Utility Knife, 6 inch Serrated Utility Knife, 7 inch Santoku, 8 inch, Chef's Knife, Kitchen Shears, 8 Steak Knives, Sharpening Knife Block; Bread knife not included
- Built in ceramic sharpeners automatically sharpen chef knives and other straight edge knives with every use
- Forged, high carbon, no stain steel (steak knives made from stamped steel)
It’s hard not to love this set from Calphalon, from its self-sharpening to its versatile array of knives. This set comes complete with a paring knife, serrated utility knife, Chef’s knife, kitchen shears, Santoku, steak knives, and sharpening knife block.
The block houses 15 pieces and is integrated with ceramic sharpeners to automatically sharpen the knives as you remove and replace them in the blonde rubberwood knife block. Each piece is forged with high carbon steel, known for its incredible durability, strength, and rust and stain resistance.
With a full tang design and triple-riveted handles, the knives are perfectly balanced to allow you to perform any cutting task with ease. These forged knives are not lightweight, making them perfect for heavy-duty use.
Worth mentioning, the handles feature an ergonomic design for an easy grip and comfortable handling. Also, the handles are labeled to take out the guesswork when trying to return the tool to its place.
Above all, the manufacturer stands by this set with a full lifetime warranty to reduce the risk of purchasing the Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening 15 Piece Cutlery Knife Block Set.
- Forged, high carbon steel construction
- Strong and durable pieces
- Full tang design
- Contoured handle for easy grip and balance
- Full lifetime warranty
- The bread knife is not included
#3 – WÜSTHOF Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Block Set
- WÜSTHOF GOURMET SERIES – 12 Piece Knife Set with triple riveted synthetic polypropylene handles that resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact. Precisely laser-cut stamped knives offer superb quality and value
- RAZOR SHARP – High Carbon Stainless Steel Blades, precisely cut with the latest state of the art technology for incredible sharpness and easy maintenance. WÜSTHOF kitchen knives are Hand Wash Only
- WÜSTHOF KNIFE SET – Includes 2 1/2" Paring Knife, 3" Spear Point Paring Knife, 4 1/2" Utility Knife, Four 4 1/2" Steak Knives, 8" Bread Knife, 8" Cook’s Knife, 9" Steel, Come-Apart Kitchen Shears and a 15-Slot Block
Earning a spot on our list is the favorite WÜSTHOF Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Block Set. This set comes complete with a paring knife, cook’s knife, bread knife, utility knife, spear point paring, steel come-apart kitchen shears, and a block to hold 15 pieces.
The knives feature forged high carbon stainless steel blades for strength and durability to withstand heavy duty. Further, the blades are precisely cut for razor-sharp and longer edge retention.
On top of that, the piece features a triple-riveted handle for secure handling and comfortable grip. Also, the handle is made from synthetic polypropylene typified with excellent resistance to impact, heat, discoloration, and fading.
This product offers unrivaled quality and value, and if you want to keep it that way, you should never toss any of the pieces into the dishwasher. The manufacturer recommends washing this cutlery by hand for a longer lifespan.
Above all, you get a limited lifetime warranty for a worry-free purchase and assurance that this cutlery won’t lose its edge and corrode quickly.
- It comes complete with essential pieces
- Solid high carbon stainless steel construction
- Easy to maintain
- Long edge retention
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Misleading product description
#4 – TUO Knife Block Set – 17 PCS Kitchen Knife Set
- 😄PRACTICAL KITCHEN PARTNER: Falcon knife set help you complete all the preparations in your kitchen. They can not only be used for cutting, slicing, chopping, dicing, and mincing, suitable for processing all ingredients including meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, bread, and cheese. A perfect set of cutlery for your daily cooking task.
- 😄EFFICIENT & CONVENIENT: All knives can be stored in wooden blocks, which not only saves space but also ensures that each knife is neatly in place. While preparing a delicious meal, you can directly use the knives you need.
- 😄COMFORTABLE HANDLE: The integrated forging between the handle and the blade ensures an ideal weight balance. The curve design from the handle to the tip follows the principle of lever cutting, which achieves the balance of swinging up and down and cutting back and forth. This ergonomic handle can effectively relieve hand fatigue.
Next on this list, the TUO Knife Block Set includes everything you need to cut, dice, chop, mince, and slice your ingredients. Thus, it’s a decent set of knives perfect for daily cooking.
This product comes with a wooden block to hold each piece neat and well organized. This way, you have your knives readily available for quick prep. The blades are forged from premium German high carbon stainless steel with a 56+ HRC rating for increased hardness.
Furthermore, the manufacturer hand-polished the blades for a razor-sharp and prolonged edge retention blade, ensuring this cutlery is ideal for any cutting task – either soft or hard foods. Plus, these forged knives are solid and durable enough to withstand harsh and rough use.
More importantly, the handle features a curved design for an easy grip and comfortable handling. Also, it helps balance out the weight of the blade for a swift cutting experience. Another benefit of this integrated forging between the blade and the handle is the hand fatigue-free handling experience.
Even better, this best knife block set for pros comes exquisitely packed in a beautiful box, which makes TUO Knife Block Set great as a gift for your family members or seasoned chef friends.
- Ultra-sharp edge
- Better edge retention
- Natural wooden block with anti-slip pads
- Ergonomic handle for easy handling
- Poor quality control
#5 – HENCKELS Graphite 20-pc Self-Sharpening Knife Set with Block
- SET INCLUDES: 3-inch Paring knife, 4-inch Paring knife, 5-inch Serrated Utility knife, 5.5-inch Prep knife, 6-inch Utility knife, 5.5-inch Boning knife, 7-inch Santoku knife, 8-inch Bread knife, 8-inch Carving knife, 8-inch Chef's knife, Eight 4.5-inch Steak knives, kitchen shears, self-sharpening knife block
- QUALITY DESIGN: Stylish brushed stainless-steel cap and stained ash wood base self-sharpening block
- SELF SHARPENING: Self-sharpening slots that sharpen each time a knife is removed or replaced
One of the best brands in this space, Henckels, offers an appealing set of knives that includes the necessary cutlery to waltz any cooking task. The collection consists of paring knives, a serrated utility knife, a prep knife, a utility knife, a santoku knife, a boning knife, a carving knife, a bread knife, a steak knife, kitchen shears, a Chef’s knife, and a self-sharpening knife block.
Our favorite thing about the HENCKELS Graphite 20-pc is its self-sharpening block with slots that sharpen your knife each time you remove or replace it. Also, the slots are well labeled to take out any guesswork when trying to return the cutleries to their rightful place.
The sharpening block is not the only exciting thing about this HENCKELS Graphite 20-pc Self-Sharpening Knife Set. The knives are fabricated from premium-quality stainless steel to offer a durable and high-performing knife.
Since the blades feature precision-stamped construction, the results are lightweight knives suitable for beginners looking to improve their culinary skills. More so, the knives are balanced with the traditional triple-rivet handle for a precision cutting experience. Plus, the handles are curved for better grip and comfortable handling.
- Stylish wooden block with self-sharpening slots
- Labeled slots for proper placement
- Solid and durable blades
- Perfectly balanced knives for precision cutting
- With time, rust stain tends to appear
#6 – Cuisinart C77SS-19P Normandy 19 Piece Cutlery Block Set
- Superior high-carbon stainless steel blades for precision and accuracy
- Precision-tapered ground blades that narrow gradually to an extremely sharp, fine edge
- Ergonomically designed stainless steel handle provides comfort
The Cuisinart C77SS-19P Normandy brings incredible style to any kitchen with a beautiful range of high-quality cutleries. This brand has been synonymous with creating practical and aesthetically appealing knives, and this block set is no different.
Each piece features an innovative texture, look, and lines that caught our eye and were difficult to look away from. Beyond its gorgeous design, the blades are made from solid high carbon stainless steel for unbeatable accuracy and precision.
What’s more? The precision-tapered ground blades boast a fine edge with razor sharpness to swiftly cut through soft and thick ingredients. Its cutting performance was impressive, but we were stupefied with its ergonomically designed handle made with stainless steel being highly comfortable to grip and handle.
Needless to say, the block features a compact and portable design to take less space on your kitchen counter or store under the cabinet for easy use.
- Sharp, fine edge precision-tapered ground blades
- Solid high carbon stainless steel construction
- Aesthetically-appealing design to match your kitchen decor
- Ergonomic handles for comfortable handling
- The block’s quality is not impressive
Things to Consider When Shopping for the Best Knife Block Sets
The sheer number of quality knives to choose from can be inundating. Hence, it’s important to know what to look out for to ensure you make an informed decision.
Here are key factors to bear in mind when trying to pin the best option for your kitchen:
The best knife should come with a full tang for durability and strength. The blades and handles are made from a single piece of metal instead of being joined and welded, and the latter tends to break into two when accidentally dropped.
High Carbon Stainless Steel
Like most cookware, knives are made from different materials, which can be confusing for first-timers or buyers who don’t know what to look out for in these cutleries. But to be on the safer side, we recommended opting for knives made of high carbon stainless steel.
While stainless steel knives retail at lower prices, they tend to lose their edge quickly and take longer to sharpen. If you hate to deal with these issues, high carbon stainless steel is the way to go.
Stamped vs. Forged Blade
When it comes to blades, we are a big fan of ones made from forging, and they tend to offer more durable and stronger blades suitable for heavy-duty use.
On the other hand, stamped blades are easy on your wrist thanks to their resulting lightweight. So, if you can’t handle wrist fatigue, you should steer clear of forged blades.
It’s essential that your best knife block set comes with a comfortable handle. Some products feature ergonomically designed handles to conform to your hands for better grip and comfortable handling. We advise trying out the knives before buying, if possible. This factor is often ignored until you start using these cutleries daily, only to realize how bad it makes you cut and prep your ingredients.
The Ultimate Guide to Picking The Perfect Kitchen Knife
Building your own set of knives is a more affordable way to go. But the chances of things going wrong nullify the extra bucks you are trying to save. Hence, it’s best to consider one of the best knife block sets – buy once, cry once.
Last update on 2022-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API