Smoked pork belly has long been extremely popular in the mountainous and midland regions. It is famous by many localities across the country as an indispensable thing for the West.
Lots of places have sought to learn from and further promote smoked pork belly recipes. But how to get this delicious dish? Is there a way to make a homemade smoked pork belly that still keeps its original taste?
Smoked Pork Belly – A Unique Specialty of Western People
Along with the long existence of a long-standing peaceful settlement, extremely typical cultural features have been formed. It comes from culture, customs, and habits to humidity. In American cuisine of American, there is a popular dish, smoked pork belly.
Smoked pork belly is one of the famous specialties. Going through many stages from preparation to standard finished products, people have brought their specialties to all localities nationwide. Not only appearing on major holidays, but smoked pork belly is also a very popular snack today.
- Pork belly
- Seeds that are attached to cocoons
- Main spices: salt, pepper, seasoning seeds, ginger, chili powder
- Equipment: stove, iron/aluminum skewer, large meat knife, large bowl
Prepare Raw Materials for Preliminary Processing
- Pork: should choose tenderloin or bacon so that when smoking is finished. It still keeps the deliciousness of the meat. It is best not to choose fatty meats. Because when it is smoked, it will melt fat, making the meat dry for a long time and losing the plasticity of the pork. Otherwise, you can filter out the fatty meat before smoking so that the pork is completely free of excess fat.
- Coconuts: It is a unique spice seed only in the West region. They have a powerful aroma that is the seed of a tall woody plant. This seed brings the unique flavor of the West standard smoked pork belly. So, it is the main spice ingredient for your meat.
- Spices: The spikes such as seeds, salt, and pepper are prepared to marinate smoked pork. Depending on the taste of each person, prepare spices according to different quantities, especially chili and salt. Besides, you can also prepare other spices such as ginger to enhance the aroma of meat.
- Pork: Wash and slice the pork belly according to the fiber or in pieces, depending on your preference. Or, if you are lazy, you can also leave a large piece of pork to marinate and smoke. But when slicing, remember to cut according to the meat. So, when the pork is dry, it will be more convenient for you to tear the fibers.
- Marinate pork: Put the cut meat in a large bowl. Pour all the prepared spices into the tub and mix well. Mix until it disperses the spices into the meat.
Because the taste of each person is different during the seasoning process, marinate just right, not over-marinate for easy handling. In particular, you need to pay attention to cocooning seeds. Although it is a typical spice, you should not put too many nuts in because the scent of this nut is strong. An excessive amount will accidentally make the pork drown away the characteristic smoked pork smell.
Let the meat soak the spices evenly for the next three hours. In waiting for the seasoning meat, have a bar, iron or string (used to tie pork), or a metal hook. So, when the meat is evenly marinated, hang it on.
How To Make Standard Smoked Pork Belly at Home with Wood Stove?
Staying in the West or if your home has a wood stove, it is great. If you are smoking pork, you must have a stove to smoke pork, right? After we have fully seasoned the pork for three hours, hang the pork pieces with strings, metal hooks, or skewers to guard the kitchen.
Heat the stove on a wood stove. Then hang pork pieces high around the stove to smoke the pork. Burn firewood continuously so that the charcoal and firewood always burn a fiery red fire. So, the smoked pork belly will quickly dry, evenly, and quickly ripen naturally.
According to the usual smoking time, it usually takes about three to six months for the smoked pork to cook evenly, absorb the smell of fire, and smoke to get the best taste. But what if it is in urban areas that do not allow you to have a wood stove for up to 3-6 months?
The only way to get a soft, dry, smoked belly is just in the microwave and oven. It is the way we do not want to introduce to the readers. But if you are in an urban environment, it is the best way. Although there is no smoked flavor, there is no typical aroma of the woodstove. But in terms of the finished product, it can also be the best smoked-pork dish to the specialties.
Finished Products After Completion
Making the smoked pork belly sophisticatedly and with many such steps is sure to be a dish full of meat, rather than the smell of kitchen smoke. After finishing the smoked pork, you must have the typical smoky color of the woodstove. The pork is fat-free without being too dry, and the color of the meat must be smoky. When eating boldly marinated, fragrant aroma of cocoon seeds.
Preliminary Processing of The Legs
First, you rub salt on the legs. Then rinse it many times with water to remove the fishy smell. Leave the leg in the basket to drain.
Next, peel the purple onion, lemongrass, wash, and mince. Add chopped onion, lemongrass and salt, sugar, pepper, and soy sauce. Put these flavors prepared quantitatively into a bowl and mix well. Put the hams in the bowl and marinate the marinade to absorb evenly on the surface of the feet. The way to cook delicious bacon is to marinate the spring roll with spices for about two hours.
Roll The Legs
Next, put the trotters in the tray lined with foil. Sprinkle gelatin powder on top. Then, lightly knead the dough to absorb evenly. Roll the leg by using the rope tightly and rolling the foil outside. Using Gelatin is a simple trick in preparing bacon to help the meat inside to stick to avoid splitting when sliced.
Boil The Meat
Then, prepare a pot of water mixed with soy sauce, salt, anise, and cinnamon. Slowly add the meat roll and boil it on the stove for about 20 minutes. Take out the roll of meat, wait for it to cool down. So, you can peel off the foil.
Steam The Meat
Next, put foil on the bottom of the pot. Add on top of rice, sugar, and tea together. Put it in the kitchen to stir to let the sugar run. This step in the way of making the pork belly gives a distinctive flavor to the dish.
Then, put the boiled meat into the sticky rice dish. Put on the pot of ingredients and steam for about 30 minutes. During the steaming process, cover the lid tightly, occasionally opening the lid to flip the meat.
Completion and Presentation
Finally, take the meat roll out, wait for it to cool down, cut off the strings, cut thin slices on the plate, and enjoy.
- Top 12 Best Pellet Smokers
- Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo
- Top 8 Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens
- Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens
Smoked Pork Belly Recipe – How To Smoke Pork Belly Bacon Uncured
Leave a Reply